The poster presentation session of the 4th SLIIT International Conference on Advancement in Sciences and Humanities (SICASH 2023) is open to all undergraduates to creatively demonstrate research conducted under the following conference themes:
Sub-theme: “Transformative Innovation through Research in Applied Sciences”
- Recent Developments in Molecular Biology
- New Trends in Tissue Culture
- Future Drugs and Drug Delivery Systems
- Novel Applications in Microbiology
- Featuring Techniques in Environmental Remediation
- Advanced Materials for a Better Future
Sub-theme: “Educational Research for Empowering Teaching-Learning Process”
- Curriculum Development
- Learning and Assessment
- Education for 21st Century
- Education Management
- ICT and Education
- Instructional Design
- Comparative and International Education
- Education for Social cohesion
- Professional Development of Education Personnel
English Language and Literature
Sub-theme: “Innovative Language and Literature Learning and Teaching Solutions through Research”
- Innovative Methods in English Language Teaching and Learning
- ESL Teacher and Learner Identity
- Inclusive ESL Classroom: Politics, Challenges and Implications
- Incorporating Technology in Language Teaching and Learning
- Innovative Approaches to Teaching Literature
- Tropes of Decolonization in Contemporary English Literature
- Portrayal of Inclusivity in South Asian English Literature
Sub-theme and areas:
Legal Research and Multidisciplinary Approach for Holistic Development in the Areas of
- Public Law
- Private and Comparative Law
- Commercial Law
- Public International Law
- Information and Communication Technology Law
Mathematics and Statistics
Sub-theme: “The Importance of Mathematics and Statistics in Multidisciplinary Research”
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Graph Theory
- Risk Analysis
- Climate Analysis
- Operational Research
- Data Science
- Statistical Learning
- Mathematical and Statistical Modelling
- Time Series Analysis
- Multivariate Data Mining
- Machine Learning
Nursing and Health Sciences
Multidisciplinary Health Research for Holistic Care Management in the Areas of;
- Clinical Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Management
- Community Health
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Radiology and Medical Laboratory Science
Sub-theme: “Psychology Research Aiming at Diversity, Technological Advancement, and Empowerment”
- Clinical and Counselling Psychology
- Work Psychology
- Sports and Exercise Psychology
- Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Social and Cultural Psychology
- Health and Wellbeing
Poster size and format
- The recommended one-page poster size is 40″ x 32″ (102 cm x 81 cm)
- The reference number given by SICASH must be placed at the top right corner of the poster.
- Poster must be submitted in the PDF format.
- Create your poster using PowerPoint (Landscape) and save it as a PDF before uploading it.
- The poster file size should not exceed 10MB.
Title of the Poster
- Font size – 96 / Font type – Arial
- Concise and specific
- Be sure to include the author and co-author/s names with initials and the institution’s name.
- Place corresponding author’s e-mail address and contact number in the upper right-hand corner of the poster board.
- Font size – 44 / Font type – Arial
- Do not use all capital letters.
- Be consistent.
- Use a clear font e.g. Arial
- Test convenience in reading
- Make sure there is enough contrast between the color of the text and the poster’s background
Content of the Poster
Posters should inspire discussion. Therefore,
- keep text to a minimum (bullet points can be more effective than complete sentences) and emphasize graphics (visually attractive), and make sure every item included in your poster is necessary.
- your ideas should flow logically from one section to the next while following the template given.
- keep consistent margins.
- keep line spacing consistent.
- have a word count of about 300 to 700 words
- use in-text and end-text references
Subheading: Font size – 40 / Font type – Arial
Body: Font size – 32 / Font type – Arial
Please design the content as your preference but include the following areas in the poster:
Research problem identification
Brief literature review
Briefly describe about the methodology of your research
Try to keep the text easy to read and concise. The poster should have a clear message, a logical layout and be easy to comprehend.
Avoid the use of full sentences and rather use short text in bullet point format.
Avoid using watermarks that may detract from the readability of your poster.
- Results and Discussion
Present the results of your research
Illustrations are the most important part of the poster and will attract the most attention. Colourful charts and graphs are the easiest to read.
Explanatory illustrations should be used instead of text whenever possible
Present the conclusion of your research in a brief manner
- References / Acknowledgements
List down the references support this research Or
Give a brief acknowledgement
Reference list entries must be in line with the APA 7th edition style of referencing. Papers for the Track of Law shall follow OSCOLA Referencing 4th edition.
Dave, J. (2021). Title of the section. In J. Chen, Book Title (pp. 50-52). Publisher.
Haffner, D. (2021). Title of the article. Journal Name, 50-62.
Lee, M. (2021). Conference Proceedings. Conference Publication Name (pp. 50-62). Publisher.
Loosen, D. (2021). Title of the book. Publisher.
- Use the most relevant charts and graphs to illustrate data (avoid large tables of raw data).
- Use high resolution photographs (web images often will not work).
- The use of handwritten presentations as a poster is unacceptable. Presentations in this format will be disqualified from the Conference.
- Keep the color, style, and thickness of borders the same.
- Keep shading consistent.
- Kindly refer to your acceptance e-mail and/or the final conference program for the time and location of your poster session and set-up time.
- The designated poster presenter (author or coauthor) must be present at the assigned space during the designated time to discuss the work presented.
- Utilize handouts to supplement your poster.
Process of Submission
- Kindly upload your poster in PDF format to the portal published in the conference website on or before the deadline.
- Access the portal via https://forms.gle/vAVPiGZ2q7B8MMbY7
- If you have any questions, please contact us via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Presentation
- Accepted abstracts will be asked to develop into a poster
- Finalized posters will be called for an oral presentation
- Duration for the presentation is 10 minutes
- The presentation has to be delivered by one individual
- The best three posters will be selected by a panel of judges
- Decision of the judges will be conclusive
We look forward to receiving your posters. Good luck!